INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD [ICRB]
RECRUITMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, ACCOUNTS OFFICER AND PURCHASE & STORES OFFICER
Advertisement No: ISRO HQ/ICRB/01/2011 dated 20-01-2011
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is engaged in the Research and development; and application of Space Science and Technology for the socio-economic benefit of society at large and for serving the Nation in a self reliant manner.
India has achieved self-reliance in both Spacecraft and Satellite Launch Vehicle Programmes with the operationalisation of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle [PSLV] for launching remote sensing satellites in polar orbits and Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle [GSLV] for launching communication and meteorological satellites in Geosynchronous transfer orbits. Two major operational space systems have been established - the Indian National Satellite [INSAT] for telecommunication, television broadcasting, meteorological services and developmental education etc. and the Indian Remote Sensing Satellites [IRS] for resources monitoring and management.
Also, ISRO has a strong base in the field of space science and the first Indian scientific mission to the Moon is completed and the second mission to moon and advanced Astronomical Satellite are slated for launch in the near future.
To provide administrative support in the Organisation, ISRO needs for its various Centres/Units located across India young, dynamic and dedicated Officers [Group -A, Gazetted for ISRO Centres/Units and Group-A, Non-Gazetted for NE-SAC] in the areas of Personnel & General Administration, Finance & Accounts and Purchase & Stores in the pay band of Rs.15600-39100 + 5400 (Grade Pay) for its various Centres/Units located across India . The Gross Emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs.30,450/- p.m. In addition, HRA and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility. The employees will be governed by New Pension Scheme. ISRO provides attractive benefits to its employees such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, free transport [or in lieu transport allowance], limited housing facility for fresh entrants [or in lieu HRA], Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house etc.
I. Vacancies to be filled-up at various ISRO Centres/Units
Post Number Group-A Gazetted Post No.of Posts Reservation
01 Administrative Officer 07 UR-3; ST-1; OBC-3
02 Accounts Officer 05 UR-3; ST-1; OBC-1
03 Purchase and Stores Officer 05 UR-4; OBC-1
01 vacancy out of the above is reserved for persons with disabilities
UR- Un-reserved (General), ST- Scheduled Tribe, OBC- Other Backward Class
II. Vacancies at North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong, Meghalaya an autonomous Institution under DOS which are Group-A non-Gazetted
Post Number Group-A Non-Gazetted Post No.of Posts Reservation
04 Administrative Officer 01 UR- 01
05 Accounts Officer 01 UR- 01
Special benefits to employees posted to North-East Region :
* Special Duty Allowance at the prescribed rate
* Compensatory Hill Allowance at the prescribed rate
* Special LTC benefits
* TA for self and family to take-up initial appointment etc.
Educational Qualification and Experience :
Administrative Officer Accounts Officer PURCHASE & STORES OFFICER
Post No. 01 & 04 Post No. 02 & 05 Post No. 03
MBA + 1 year experience in supervisory capacity
Post Graduate + 3 years experience (1 year in supervisory capacity)
Graduate with 5 years experience (2 years in supervisory capacity)
The experience should be in the areas of Administration ACA/FCA or AICWA/FICWA or MBA + 1 year experience in supervisory capacity
M.Com. + 3 years experience (1 year in supervisory capacity)
B.Com/BBA/BBM with 5 years experience (2 years in supervisory capacity)
The experience should be in the areas of Finance and Accounts/ Cost Accounting MBA + 1 year experience in supervisory capacity
Graduate with Post Graduate Diploma in Material Management with 3 years experience (1 year in supervisory capacity)
Graduate + 5 years experience (2 years in supervisory capacity)
The experience should be in the areas of Purchase and Stores
* MBA Degree should be in HR/Finance/Banking/Marketing/Business Administration/Public Systems Management. Candidates possessing MBA Degree other than those mentioned above are not eligible to apply
* Graduation/Post Graduation (other than MBA/ACA/FCA/FICWA/AICWA and PG Diploma in Material Management) should be in First Class with minimum of 60% marks.
* Experience should have been obtained after possessing the essential educational qualification. Experience should be in the relevant fields like Administration, Finance & Accounts, Purchase and Stores activities in a Govt. office or a public body or a commercial organization of repute.
* Supervisory experience, wherever mentioned, should be at least in the Pay Band of Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200 / Rs. 5500-9000/- (PR) [equivalent to Group `B' posts in the Government of India Departments]
* There should also be the communication skills, leadership qualities and familiarity with the computers and relevant software packages.
* The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make the candidate eligible for written test/interview.
* There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- [Rupees One hundred only] for each application. Women/SC/ST and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
* The candidates who intend to apply for the post in NE-SAC should submit separate applications on line against Post No.4 and 5.
* Age limit is 35 years as on 11-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates).
* Serving Govt. employees, Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per rules.
How to apply:
* Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line.
* The candidates should register their applications on-line between 20-01-2011 and 11-02-2011.
* Applications will be received on-line only.
* Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
* E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
* The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a `No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No on the reverse.
* There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Demand Draft details need to be filled-in at the time of on-line registration. The candidate before filing his/her application has to take a DD for Rs.100/- from any of the Nationalized Bank in favour of the Sr. Accounts Officer, ISRO HQ, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore. The Applicant should enter the DD Number, date and name of the Bank in the space provided for the same in the web application.
* After filing the application, on-line, the applicant has to send the DD with his/her Full Name (as entered in web), Post and Registration No. written on the reverse of the DD to Senior Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231 by post superscribing on the envelope "ISRO RECRUITMENT-OFFICER". Please note that applications, in respect of which DDs have not been received with Name as mentioned in the application and Registration Number on the reverse, will not be considered.
* Women Candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee subject to furnishing of a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to Sr Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO HQ, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore 560 231 duly indicating the Name, Post No. and Reg.No. on the reverse:
Women Candidate - Gender status indicated in certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied OR attested copy of PAN Card / Voter's ID Card/ College ID Card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card
SC/ST candidates - Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) - Attested copy of medical certificate issued by Medical Board
Applications of candidates claiming Women/SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the Certificate, as above is received with in 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 18-02-2011
`No Objection Certificate' in respect of candidates employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body should reach ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore within seven days of filing the applications by the candidates and in any case not later than 18-02-2011
Selection Process : Based on bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 17-04-2011 at nine venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Lucknow, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram. Candidates short-listed based on the performance in the written test will be called for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be intimated. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.
* The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
* The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/ Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit ISRO Centers
* Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
* No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
* ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
* Only Indian nationals need apply.
* Government strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
* No interim correspondence will be entertained.
* For any clarification please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.